Sunday, January 29, 2012

WORD

Miscrosoft Word has successfully rephrased one of my sentences so that it gives away the ending 100 pages too soon.

I don't know about you, but I'm creeped out...
I thought it was just a computer program, but turns out Word is reading my story.

Actually, you know what, forget creeped out - I'm impressed. My other readers - the ones that I actually knew were reading my story, unlike sneaky sneaky M. Word - were trumped by the twists and turns (Ok, so there's always the possibility that they're humoring me, but that's a topic for another day).

But not Word. He's laughing at me, he's read too many mysteries to be fooled. Think about it - M. Word has read most the mysteries out there. Except, of course, those that have been created by typewriter or another brand of software.

You think, then, that he'd be smarter at correcting grammar. Why does he insist that all of my characters sound exceptionally proper and that all of my scene descriptions are jibberish?

Then, I'm thinking sabotage...Throwing out spoilers, twisting my words...

But what is your motive M. Word?

No comments:

Post a Comment